Thursday, September 3, 2009

The Tears of God

I have not posted anything on this blog for over a month now because on July 17th, my dear wife was diagnosed with ovarian cancer. The theodicy problem, or the existence of evil, has always been one of the major obstacles to belief in a good God. The alternative, that we are just the products of random chance on a rock in a vast sea of nothingness, is too horrible to contemplate.

Our conversion to the fullness of the Catholic faith has, so far, helped us in this crisis. It seems to me that the theology of redemptive suffering, so prevalent in Catholicism, is almost entirely absent in evangelical protestantism. We remain confident that we now participate in Christ's redemptive suffering. As Saint Paul said "(I) now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up that which is lacking in the afflictions of Christ in my flesh, for the sake of his body, which is the Church." Colossians 1:24.

I would also like to thank all of our family and friends, and especially the members of our local parish, for all their prayers and support in our time of need. God Bless You All.

No comments:

Post a Comment