Friday, February 25, 2011

Travelers Along the Way


Father Benedict Groeschel is one of my heros and one of the people I look to as a guru and guide in the Christian life. Father Groeschel’s recent book Travelers Along the Way: The Men and Women Who Shaped My Life (2010) is a beautiful book which I would heartily recommend to everyone. If you haven’t read it, go to Amazon and buy a copy right now! It’s that good. This is the kind of great inspirational reading which lifts the mind and heart to God.

In Travelers Along the Way, Father Benedict gives us twenty eight short portraits of people he has known who have made an impact on his life. These range from famous saints like Mother Teresa and potential saints like Father Solanus Casey and Cardinal O’Connor to a young man name Gary who tragically committed suicide and Ruby Davis a committed Christian layperson who was dedicated to helping the poor.

I cannot speak highly enough about this little book and everything else that Father Groeschel has written. In these evil times, it does us well to remember that we do not travel through this vale of tears alone but have many companions on our pilgrimage back to God. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Good one, BC. I will have to buy that, but first I will see if I can get it on Kindle (I steal Melody's when she is not looking).......do you use Kindle?

    ReplyDelete