Tuesday, May 5, 2009

WHY I AM A BAD CATHOLIC



WHY I CALL MYSELF A BAD CATHOLIC:
"I, for example, am a Roman Catholic, albeit a bad one. I believe in the Holy Catholic Apostolic and Roman Church, in God the Father, in the election of the Jews, in Jesus Christ His Son Our Lord, who founded the Church on Peter his first vicar, which will last until the end of the world. . . . I believe in God and the whole business but I love women best, music and science next, whiskey next, God fourth, and my fellowman hardly at all. Generally I do as I please. A man, wrote John, who says he believes in God and does not keep his commandments is a liar. If John is right, then I am a liar. Nevertheless, I still believe."
Dr. Tom More in
by Walker Percy

1 comment:

  1. And speaking of Thinko de Mayo, God obviously has a sense of humor, since Fr. Alberto CutiƩ is in BIG trouble w/ the Vatican today.

    He is the Jimmy Swaggart of Catholic Latin America - and apparently enjoys a good woman on the side. Use Google and your imagination.

    ReplyDelete