Friday, April 16, 2010

A Note of Personal Privilege



Jesus said: "Woe unto you also, ye lawyers! for ye lade men with burdens grievous to be borne, and ye yourselves touch not the burdens with one of your fingers." Luke 11: 46 (K.J.V.)

"The law is a jealous mistress." Oliver Wendell Holmes.

The BAD CATHOLIC normally keeps his personal life off of this blog. However, this week he feels totally exhausted from three straight days in Court.

If I do what I should do, I should spend the entire weekend in the office working catching up on desk work. This morning, DAY 3 of Court marathon, I've got an entire morning of people who hate each other to deal with. Of course, I'm grateful that I am gainfully employed in these tough economic times. Because of the nature of our practice, we are overrun with business during the recession. (The Bankruptcy Courts are full and so are the jails!).

I just wanted to take this opportunity of personal privilege to tell the entire world how much I HATE THE LEGAL PROFESSION! I hate lawyers. (There I said it). That's why I became one, why I married one, and why I deal with them all day. I have a book in my library which is a history of English Barristers which is called ALL JANGLE AND RIOT. That just about sums it up.

The BAD CATHOLIC hereby invites the entire world to feel free to post their complaints about lawyers, courts, and the legal profession in general.

4 comments:

  1. Yeah, I hate lawyers too, BC. Join the club! They are ALMOST as bad as doctors and salesmen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the practice of law is a type of alchemy.

    one is required, to survive, to turn manure generated by other people into money.

    it is those people generating manure who hire the lawyers.

    if they did not there would be bloodshed; perhaps that would be better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No I do not think that bloodshed would be better.

    Anoymous you are also very wrong to think that the only people who hire attorneys have created their own mess.

    Although there are a lot of those, there are also a lot of people who are genuinely in trouble.

    Perhaps I should delete this post. Although I am often disgusted and tired of my profession, the resolution of disputes through legal process is much better than your idea of shooting it out at the OK Corral.

    ReplyDelete
  4. actually, the shoot-out was at Fly's Photography.

    ReplyDelete